Many Canon shooters like me have been anxiously awaiting the announcement of the 5D Mark III. Canon’s being characteristically mum about this, and why not? The 5D Mark II is still selling like hotcakes. No sense in killing that golden goose just yet. I’d hoped that Canon might announce the new camera at CES at the beginning of January, but that didn’t happen. I figured I’d make a wishlist of what I’d like to see in a Canon 5D Mark III.
- Better autofocus. I want autofocus at least as good as what’s available on the 7D. That means more autofocus points and faster performance.
- Support for SDHC cards.
- The LCD overlay of grid lines in the viewfinder, like the 7D.
- The ability to give metadata star ratings to images in camera, like the 60D.
- An articulating LCD like the 60D. I highly doubt this will happen, but maybe… just maybe…
- 100% viewfinder coverage.
That’s not so much to ask, is it? Anyway, regardless of what specs the 5D Mark III carries when it’s finally released, I’ll be the first in line to get it. Come on Canon, bring it on!