Get headshots as unique as you are
Your headshots should show you at your best
Your face is one-of-a-kind. That’s why my approach to headshots is to make each one unique. I work closely with you to make sure your headshot captures exactly what it is that makes you an individual. That means getting the lighting, expression, colors and all aspects of the photo exactly right to highlight your best aspects and make sure your headshot will stand head and shoulders above the crowd.
Book a session with me and find out why I’m a top recommendation of casting directors, agents and repeat customers.
What Kevin’s clients are saying about their headshots
Headshots package – $425
Price valid until July 31, 2022
My standard headshots package includes the following:
- A photoshoot of approximately one hour
- Two or three outfit changes. I suggest you bring dressy, trendy and casual outfits.
- Approximately 50-100 exposures
- A password-protected web gallery of proofs
- Two finalized images with blemishes touched up and color calibrated for printing
- I’ll prepare your photos in a printable headshot layout with your name on the bottom
- I’ll also provide your chosen photos in high resolution JPG for submission to print media, and web resolution JPG for use on websites
- I’ll provide your finalized images by Internet download
- A license to use the two finalized photos for your personal promotional needs. You’ll be able to print as many headshots as you wish.
- Additional finalized images are available at a cost of $35 each.
- The optional professional hair and makeup artist costs $250 plus HST. If you’d like me to hire a hair and makeup artist for you, please allow me a week to coordinate the dates and make sure we can have someone available for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I book a shoot?
- Fill out the form on this page and submit it. I’ll contact you back so we can talk about your headshots, decide if you need a hair and makeup artist, and answer any of your questions about the process.
- Together, we’ll decide a date and time for your shoot. Typically I need about a week to line everything up, but if you’re in a real hurry, we may be able do it sooner.
- Pay your deposit for the shoot. The deposit is 50% of the fee for the shoot. It holds your reservation on that time slot. The deposit is non-refundable. However, if you need to cancel or re-schedule, you may do so up to 48 hours before your shoot without losing the deposit.
- Once I’ve received your deposit, we’re all ready to go. You just need to show up for your shoot and let me take care of the rest!
What do I bring?
- Two or three different outfits representing the styles you’d like to portray in your headshots. I recommend casual, slightly dressy, and trendy outfits. You should try to avoid colors that are too loud and bright, and also avoid strong patterns, logos, or other distracting elements in your clothing.
- If you have dry or chapped lips, consider bringing some lip balm or chapstick.
- If you have red eyes, consider bringing some eye drops, like Visine.
- If you’ve arranged with me for a hair and makeup artist, show up with clean hair and no makeup on. If you are doing your own hair and makeup, please arrive with your styling already done. You can bring hair products and makeup to do touchups and adjustments here if you wish.
- Bring some music that you like to listen to. It’s not mandatory, but it’s fun!
What should I wear?
The focus of your headshots will be you, so you don’t want to be wearing anything distracting. I usually advise people to avoid very bright colors and clothing that has prominent writing and logos on it. Try not to wear white. It can really create a glaring bright spot in the photo! I would also avoid flashy jewelry and accessories. It’s important to wear clothing that matches the type of roles that you wish to land in your auditions. That being said, the standard advice of bring three looks–casual, trendy and business–is fairly tried and true. You’ll come out of your headshots session with versatile photos if you do this.
However, if you are set on being cast in specific types of roles, you should make sure that you bring clothing that might be suitable for that type of role. However, I’d only recommend that if you’re absolutely sure how you’d like to be cast.
The most important thing is to wear something that matches the business image you wish to portray. For instance, if your headshots are for your corporate law firm, don’t wear a tanktop and cut-off jean jacket. In fact, I don’t ever recommend this particular combination of clothing, for anyone! Similarly, don’t wear a tuxedo if your headshots are for your auto repair shop’s website. Wear what you might wear if you were meeting an important client, because your important clients are going to see these photos! Most of all, common sense should dictate the wardrobe for your business headshots.
Do I need a hair & makeup artist?
What kind of touchups do you do on my headshots?
Can I use a headshot as my profile picture on social media?
What is an image license?
Can I license additional images on top of the ones included in my package?
What is your policy on deposits?
What are proofs?
How are my finished photos delivered to me?
Talk to me about your headshots.
Ok, got all that? Or do you have more questions about headshots not answered on this page? Fill out the form below and get the ball rolling!