Tonight I’m teaching a beginner improv class to a group of modeling students at one of Hamilton’s local talent agencies. The purpose is to give them some improved dramatic skills, as well as to boost their creativity. The three-hour class will cover these topics:
– Building and establishing “group mind”
– Learning to recognize and remember patterns.
– Giving and receiving offers
– Basic character skills
– The “Scene” as a building block
– Observing and Listening
– Being emotionally affected
If anyone reading this is interested in setting up a similar workshop, I’d be glad to teach it. The ideal group size is anywhere from 6-12 people. It’s great fun at parties, and can also be used in a corporate setting to build teamwork and communication skills. Contact me for more info.