Ok so one more entry on food. Well, I can’t say “one more entry” because I’m a Thom, and we tend to be obsessed with food. So I’ll just say “another entry” on food. Anyway, enough semantics. Tonight I was exhausted and starving from a long day at work without eating. Normally I’d be too lazy to cook something good, and I’d probably eat microwaved popcorn or somesuch garbage. I thought that might not be good for me, so I decided to make something decent for dinner instead. So, what things go well together? How about lemon, white wine, garlic, basil, tomatoes, butter, parmesan cheese and linguini? Yes, please!
- Marinate about 8 peeled and deveined shrimp in a half-cup of white wine and the juice of one lemon.
- Start boiling salted water, then cooking linguine so it’s ready at the right time.
- Chop up one roma tomato and about 20 leaves of fresh basil.
- Crush and slice up 3 cloves of garlic.
- Heat up some olive oil in a large skillet. Fry the garlic in it for a few seconds. Then drop in the shrimp, white wine and lemon juice. Add the tomatoes and basil and stir. You might want to take it off the heat, since shrimp doesn’t need much cooking.
- Your linguine should be cooked by now. Strain it and then toss it in the skillet with the other ingredients and some butter.
- Serve with fresh grated parmesan and ground black pepper on top.