Ok, so people often ask me what I have for breakfast, because they think the caveman diet is too much work. Here’s something easy that I have almost every day, and I never get bored of it. In fact, I make this so much that I actually wore out my old Braun hand blender and had to buy a new one. I got the Betty Crocker (don’t laugh) hand blender from Walmart. It is ridiculously powerful, and came with a clear beaker with measurement marks on the side for blending things in. At less than $15, there’s no excuse not to get one!
Here’s how to make the shake. In the beaker, add:
- Frozen berries (President’s Choice or Europe’s Best or whatever 4-berry mix you can find) up to the 200mL mark
- A handful of raw unsalted almonds
- Two tablespoons of plain yogurt (I recommend Astro Original 2% because it has all natural ingredients and whey protein)
- A tablespoon of ground flax seed (optional but highly recommended)
- Fill to the 350mL mark with unsweetened fruit juice (I recommend President’s Choice or Oasis blueberry/pomegrante juice with no sugar added)
- Fill to the 500mL mark with 1% or 2% milk
This breakfast drink takes me about 5 minutes total to make and clean up afterwards. It energizes me almost instantly and keeps me going until lunchtime. Give it a try for a week and see what it does for you.